When knitting top-down, seamless sweaters, there comes a point when you need to take your sleeve or body stitches off onto a holder. This leather cord has the flexibility of yarn, but is firm enough to keep the stitches from disappearing up into themselves. The interior-threaded needle means you can knit onto and off of the cord – like a leather circular needle. The needles screw onto, and off of, the leather cord.
If you find you like to have multiple projects on the go, extra cords are available in the Leather Cord Set.
- Needles made of nickel plated steel
- Long Cord holds stitches of sweater body – 59"/150 cm
- Short Cords holds stitches of sleeves – 29.5"/75 cm
- Two interior-threaded needles
- Three lengths of leather cord
- one long (59"/150 cm)
- two short (29.5"/75 cm)
How to Use
- Find a video of care and use instructions HERE
- Just like hands, leather can get dry & needs moisturizing. We suggest treating the cord with a leather conditioner to keep your cords smooth and limber.
- Screw the needle on only until it is attached to the cord. If you continue to over-screw, you risk breaking the leather inside the needle.
- Snipping the end of your leather cord at an angle will facilitate attaching the needle.
- Leather has a grain, so be sure to "go with the grain" when sliding stitches on & off the cord.